UPDATE July 24, 2020: Hospital Patient Visiting Practice Click on link to view Mattawa Hospital Care Partner Guide
Visitors classified as “essential” have been allowed in hospitals on compassionate grounds throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. As Ontario continues to re-open, hospitals will be gradually welcoming family caregivers/care partners back into our hospitals and will be continually assessing the impact of these restrictions.
Care Partners include but are not limited to those who provide:
- Assistance with meals, mobility, and personal care;
- Communication assistance for patients with hearing, visual, speech, cognitive, intellectual or memory impairments;
- Assistance as the designated representative for patients with disabilities;
- Emotional support;
- Supported decision making.
Moving forward, patients will be allowed to have 1 Care Partner (plus a designated alternate) present between the hours of 11 am and 1 pm or 5 pm and 7 pm. Only one entry and one exit each day will be permitted.
- Care partners can include a loved one, friend, religious/spiritual care provider, or other support person of the patient’s choosing.
- One care partner will be permitted and must wear a mask (and any additional PPE as required).
- All care partners must pass the screening process prior to entry into the hospital
At this time, general visitors are still not permitted as an important measure to ensure everyone’s health and safety.
Additional amendments will be made to the Visitor Policy based on new guidance from Ontario Health.
Take this self-assessment if you're worried you were exposed to COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) or have symptoms. Click on the link https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/
UPDATE: Mattawa Assessment Centre – COVID-19
In compliance with provincial guidelines, the Mattawa Assessment Centre has expanded its parameters for COVID-19 testing to the population of Mattawa and surrounding areas. Testing is now available if you meet any of the three categories listed below.
- All people with at least one symptom of COVID-19, even for mild symptoms. Please see the “Guidance for All Populations” section of the Testing Guidance Update for details about these symptoms.
Asymptomatic, risk-based testing:
- People who are concerned that they have been exposed to COVID-19. This includes people who are contacts of or may have been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case.
- People who are at risk of exposure to COVID-19 through their employment, including essential workers (e.g., health care workers, grocery store employees, food processing plants).
Call the Mattawa Hospital at 705 744 5511 extension 0 to schedule your appointment.
UPDATE: Outpatient Services
Please note that although government has entered its first stage of gradual re-opening the province, the emergency orders remain in effect until June 9th. As we develop a measured approach to re-opening services at the Mattawa Hospital, all outpatient services at the Mattawa Hospital, including Lab, DI and Ultrasound will continue to be offered by appointment only.
Please call 705-744-5511 to schedule your appointment.
Thank you for your ongoing patience as we continue to plan for service delivery in a safe and meaningful way.
UPDATE: Non-Essential Visiting
As we follow the direction from the Ministry of Health, please note that we continue to complete an active screening and masking for all patients who are enter the Hospital. All non-essential visitors are asked to postpone their visits in order to ensure that our patients and residents remain healthy.
Thank you for your ongoing patience, we will continue to provide updates as they become available.