Declaration of Patient Values
As a patient of the Hôpital de Mattawa Hospital, I value that:
- I am regarded as a whole person, body mind and spirit.
- I am provided with timely and easy access to services that I require.
- I am able to receive the best quality care in a safe and well co-ordinated manner, across the continuum of my care.
- I am informed about my care, in terms that I can understand.
- I am an active participant in my plan of care, having my views heard, respected, and final decisions made in collaboration with my family and health care providers.
- I am treated with dignity and respect, receiving equitable and compassionate treatment regardless of my race, gender, age, income, disability, sexual orientation or nationality.
- I feel safe and protected in a clean, comfortable, hazard-free environment.
- I am assured that my privacy and confidentiality are protected and know that my information will not be shared without permission, or discussed in public places.
- I am cared for in a hospital that is responsive to community feedback and takes steps to continuously improve service delivery.
As a patient, I will:
- Share the responsibility for my care and wellbeing and provide accurate information.
- Ask questions when I am unsure.
- Be respectful and courteous to all physicians, staff, students and volunteers.
- Respect the rights, property, privacy and diversity of all, including other patients and their families.